Posted: 11th July 2019 in Accounts Assistants, Book Keepers, Credit Controller, Finalist Studying 4, Foundation Studying 4, Intermediate Studying 4, QBE's, Qualified >5 Years, Qualified 2 Years, Qualified 2-5 Years
Exceptional opportunity to join a global brand based in Slough, reporting to the FD and supporting three UK divisions and their operations.
The Treasury Manager will be responsible for management of local banking relationships, treasury operations, managing securitisation transactions, adherence to group cash and ALM requirements, cash forecasting and planning. The role requires the candidate to have prior experience in a treasury back office with experience including maintaining and managing databases and reporting requirements for securitisation programmes. The position is responsible for the performance and development of a team of two.
· Primary treasury responsibility is to ensure liquidity to the business on a daily basis to maintain its business volumes and financial commitments to its partners, suppliers, etc.
- · Liaising with operations and marketing team to understand and plan for business’ cash flow requirements (including weekly cash flow forecasts to the central treasury team) on an ongoing basis, in particular relating to business peaks and strategies on optimal funding without compromising on liquidity position.
- · Ensure compliance with financial covenants set by all applicable funding agreements.
- · Managing the relationships at a local level with the counterparties at the banks, financial institutions, etc.
- · In-charge (together with the CFO) for any existing and future securitisation programme of financing receivables and help the group policies on diversification of funding sources. Responsibilities will include project planning (with IT / BI teams), implementing test plan, AUPs, co-ordinating communication with banks, lawyer & central treasury.
- · Ensure (in conjunction with the CFO) adherence to group norms on maturity and interest rate mismatches.
- · Ensuring a strong internal control mechanism (coherent with the group internal risk policies) on the authorisation levels and limits for all banking related activities.
- · Streamlining the banking operations of the different business lines and brands
- · To support the Accounting Senior Manager (& the team) in relation to bank reconciliations and related activities. The Treasury Manager needs to ensure that the postings in relation to sweeps and other treasury journals are posted accurately and in a timely manner.
- · Responsible for ensuring up to date reconciliation of loan amounts and interest payments and accruals, IRS transactions, securitisation accounting, etc., and to liaise with and act as a point of reference for the internal and external auditors on these areas.
- · Support the CAO in relation to the year-end accounting for IRS, securitisation and funding related postings and journals.
- · Support the FP&A Senior Manager during the forecasting and budgeting process and to provide details particularly in relation to Funding needs and validating funding assumptions (in line with central guidelines).
- · As a manager of people the Treasurer is committed to the professional development of their staff and to maintaining a relaxed and constructive work environment where staff are motivated and performance driven.
- · To adhere to the FSA regulations and requirements.
Key skills and experience
- · Graduate qualified to CIMA/ACA/ACCA level
- · At least 5 years’ experience in a Finance/Accountancy role
- · At least 2-3 years’ experience within the Treasury department (back office) of a ‘blue chip’ organisation
- · Prior experience in managing / involvement in Securitisation programmes Management experience desirable
- · Advanced Microsoft Office skills to include Excel and Access
- · Strong communication / presentation skills to support a natural tendency for synthesis and ability to adjust to different audiences.
- · Inquisitive mind to stimulate the natural disposition for quantitative analysis
- · Strong logic and determination support the practical approach to multidimensional problem solving Shares openly ideas and opinions and is not afraid to lead change in the environment as well as adjusting to it
- · Good team player and understands his responsibility towards his direct reports to motivate and develop them.
- · Comfortable working under pressure.
Opportunity for a blue-chip experienced Treasury Specialist, to join this global brand as Treasury Manager, leading a team of two. Excellent benefits
Register Your Interest TodayTreasury Manager [ref: VP1428]
Please fill in all the fields and we will contact you as soon as possible.